A university-wide Sustainability Office was created in January of 2010
A group of our MBA students facilitated the drafting of the guiding vision, mission, and objectives of the sustainability office as follows:
Transform Laurier into an institution that integrates sustainability practices into all areas of the university and to inspire, educate, and prepare students, faculty, and staff to engage others in the same practices.
Create and foster a culture of sustainability by engaging, promoting and coordinating sustainability efforts of all stakeholders and develop an environmentally proactive Laurier community.
* To create and advance partnerships in the University and the greater community to share, cultivate and form sustainable programs.
* To support the development of academic programs and research at Laurier related to proactive sustainability.
* To develop and support policies and practices that contribute to sustainable operations and resource utilization at Laurier.
* To organize events and utilize communication channels to increase awareness and convey the mission of the Sustainability Office.
* To consider the pillars of sustainability; economic, social, cultural and environmental in all decision making processes.