This course applies the latest concepts, models, and methods for the design, control, operation, and management of supply chain systems. The course focuses on the key aspects of supply chain management that are most critical to the long-term success of a business and its ability to work effectively with stakeholders. Specifically students should:
1. Understand the function of supply chain operations management.
2. Understand operational strategies and approaches, and the impact these choices have on an organizations ability to deliver business results and its relationships with stakeholders.
3. Analyze decision problems in supply chain, with linkage to overall business strategy.
4. Understand and recognize emerging concepts around partner collaboration, inventory strategies, supply chain design, and information sharing.
5. Analyze and communicate effectively the results of operational analysis and actions.
Topics covered include the integration of value chain stakeholder activities, managing stakeholder relationship change, how the firm’s actions influence stakeholder behavior, the power of stakeholder cooperation, and outsourcing issues.